What makes up the perfect man? Every woman has her own opinion. According to the uk.dating site survey, it’s all about money. The gentleman must make close to 100, 000 annually, drive a Mercedes and live in house priced in the 500,000 range. There is nothing said about his personality, looks or integrity.
Vanity Fair and Sixty Minutes teamed together and created a similar test for American women and here are the results.
- Sixty-nine percent of the women polled believe that a mother is responsible for making her son into a chivalrous gentleman. If you married a jerk, then technically it is his mother’s fault, according to the survey.
- When a man has a midlife crisis, women overwhelming blame him as opposed to biology or the cute intern at the office.
- If they could marry a television character, women picked Dr. McDreamy from Grey’s Anatomy.
- Temper is one thing that irritates women about their chosen mate. This ought to make him angry. It’s not too surprising since American men are only allowed to show two emotions: Anger and Happiness.
- What do most women believe a young man in his prime should be doing? It’s not chugging down beers or completing passes in the football game. The majority felt men should take the opportunity to be well educated.
- You meet a super great guy, but he has this one flaw that might cause you to pass on him. The number one complaint is drunkenness and drinking to become drunk. The second complaint is temper. No one wants an angry drunk. Acting scared or ill was another turn off. Horny came in dead last, which means there is still hope for some of the men.
- When asked when a man could judge if he’d been successful with his life the polled women split in a two-way tie that included age forty or when the man died.
- You’ve heard the statement, “Chivalry is dead.” Over 63% of the women disagreed with it. They still encounter men who behave like gentlemen, thanks to their mothers.
- Believe it or not, women still fall for cheesy pick-up lines with the number line being: Do you have a map? I just got lost in your eyes.
- In the war of the sexes, women have always been their worst enemy. This is brought home by the final question that asked, “Who got Adam and Eve kicked out of the garden of Eden?” Women chose Eve. Of course, the answers were limited to Eve, Adam and Don’t know. There was no space for Free Will, Snake, or Predestination.
What have I discovered from this random poll? Women dislike angry drunks. They’ll fall for a good looking doctor or an actor who plays one. An attractive man with a decent pickup line can still get dates. Women in England value money over looks. They value cars, jobs and homes more too. Women tend to blame women for problems such as original sin and the lack of gentlemen in the world. When it comes to infidelity, they blame the man.
I am surprised that women didn’t claim that a man who could make her laugh could snare her heart. They must have asked that question in a different poll. What qualities do you think make up a perfect man?