|The wrong gift can spell disaster|
If you’re a man, you might start getting nervous because of the holiday decorations on light poles, Christmas trees in stores, and gift commercials on television. If you are married, in a relationship, or just dating, your significant will expect a gift or probably gifts. You have a higher than 50% chance of screwing this up. Men break up before the holidays just to avoid this torture. Don't despair, I am here to help. Why is the gift so important?
Answers may vary according to women.
What Your Gift Means
1. It shows how important the woman is in your life.
If you made the mistake of popping into a store on Christmas Eve and grabbing some prepackaged gift set, she will realize she isn’t important at all.
2. It demonstrates where the relationship is going.
Often women in relationships expect a ring at Christmas.
3. Your gift shows how well you know your beloved.
Yes, you are supposed to magically know what she wants. Failure to know shows you never loved her. Those in long-term relationships will get hints.
With all this said, you might fall prey to a commercial that tells you a woman wants diamonds. You go out and drop a bundle only to be told that diamonds represent death and oppression of those who mine them. Here are gifts not to give. This list came from a bunch of angry women.
What Not To Buy
1. Any item used for cleaning. No vacuums, no carpet cleaners, and definitely no mops or buckets.
2. Cookware (exception: a chef or gourmet cook may actually want the $200 blender or mixer, but can’t rationalize paying that much.)
3. Something the man wants or will use. That reciprocating saw might come in handy when you’re building a new bedroom.
4. Workout videos, weight sets, gym membership, which all imply a need to get in shape.
5. Sexy Santa lingerie
6. Electric razors
7. Christmas-themed clothing. Even if she pretends to like it, she can only wear it once a year.
8. Animal slippers
9. Shaping jeans. It’s okay if the woman buys these herself.
10. Plastic surgery. Imagine the conversation at work after the holidays. What did your sweetie get you?
11. Fake designer handbags. It’s okay if she buys it herself.
12. Leggings-one size does not fit all. Those clothing tags lie.
13. Shaping underwear-nothing says unhappy holidays like Spanx under the tree.
14. Anything linked with 50 Shades of Grey is never a desired gift.
So what does your sweetie want? Most women will take pity on their husbands or boyfriends and tell them out right what they want. Others give hints. Pay attention, she might be dropping hints even now. If unsure, ask. Always save the receipt. What one woman likes, another won’t. Don’t assume if your last girlfriend wanted Obsession perfume that she will too. Don’t compound the problem by mentioning that your former sweetie loved it.
Holiday Gift Ideas
1. A night out on the town, especially to a restaurant or a movie she has talked up. Yes, you can wrap this in a box. Print out the reservations and put it in a decorative box.
2. A spa certificate to a place she likes. However, this isn’t the time to try out a spa called Oriental Delite.
3. Sentimental gifts-has she been wanting a string of pearls just like grandma’s?
4. Coffee—was a suggestion in a magazine. I don’t drink coffee so it would bomb with me.
5. The newest book by her favorite author. Check to see if she has it first. If you could get it signed that would be even better.
6. Vacation- who couldn’t use one in the dead of winter? Remember this is her gift. A golf resort may not be her dream trip.
Ask. If she tells you she doesn’t need anything, make outrageous suggestions about what you might buy instead.